25 October 2011

Curious.

I discovered something peculiar this week and it honestly kind of shocked me.

I ordered the recently released Knitter's Book of Socks with an Amazon giftcard left over from my birthday and immediately fell in love with a pair of socks from the book. The pattern hasn't been linked to Ravelry yet, but it's called Prana, and it's a pair of yoga socks (no heels or toes) in a lovely lace pattern, intended to show off a yarn with long color repeats.

I got this yarn in a swap, and I adore the colors and softness. Despite dire warnings about this yarn from my friend L, I took the plunge and cast on.

The pattern says to use US 3 (3.25 mm) needles for the leg of the sock, because they are almost knee-highs. I decided to knit the ribbing at the top with a US 2 and then switch to US 3.

People. I have been knitting for almost 8 years. Evidently, in 8 years of knitting, I have never had occasion to buy DPNs in US 3.

I KNOW, RIGHT?


1 comment:

Larkin said...

Hilarious. In a bad, but I am not laughing at YOU, sort of way. Dire warnings, indeed!