
See? This one's tiny. I cast on 64 sts and knitted 3 pattern repeats before I started the decreases. I used US 6 and 8 DPNs and worsted weight wool (in K-State purple, of course. Go Wilcats!). I have two friends who are due within a month of each other this winter, so they will get tiny hats their babes can wear during football/basketball season.
Let's see, what else have I been working on? There have been lots of fits and starts, but a couple projects have stuck.

There's the Garter Yoke Cardigan from Knit.1 Fall 2008, which is coming along swimmingly. I am even magic-looping the sleeves, which I am sure will astound and amaze some long-time readers. (My US 8 DPNs were in the Tiny Koolhaas. I have not committed to the magic loop technique.) I'm using some Berroco Peruvia that I've had for ages, that has been several incarnations of various sweaters, most recently Mr Greenjeans, which was a FAIL. I frogged the sweater for the Ravelympics, and I think I will be much happier with the yarn in this sweater.

I have fought with this pattern before. It's the Child's First Sock in Shell pattern, which I love, but does not love me, or at least does not love my feet. I knit it back in August 2008, and promptly wore holes through the heels because they were too small. It's been my lunch hour knitting more recently. I turned the heel and got halfway down the instep before I tried it on. Too small. Again. Damn. So I went and got different yarn and bigger needles, and now we're getting somewhere.
Last but not least, I got to see my favorite nephew in the whole wide world.

Baby O is now 9 months old, crawling all over, teething and being generally adorable. He loves going to the pool and playing in the grass and eating Cheerios.
1 comment:
Nice to see you. That hat is so sweet. What a great idea to shrink it down.
Post a Comment