Other details: this hat is kind of a medium, because I knitted 4.5 pattern repeats before starting the crown decreases. The small is too small and the large is too large, but this medium size that I cooked up is just right. The secret is to shift the EOR marker to a position where you can start the decreases and voila! Koolhaat, sized medium. It fits my normal-sized head perfectly.
You can get a peek at my bionic arm in the photo above. Thank you for all the comments with healing thoughts and kind words. This is my last week in physical therapy, so we shall see what the doc says when I see him, hopefully sometime next week. I have good days and bad days, so it's hard to tell if there's great amounts of progress made, but on the whole I feel better. It's important to keep in mind, however, that they have been pumping me full of cortisone with these patches, so we will see if there continues to be significant improvement without the cortisone treatments. I've also been mindful of keeping my shoulders relaxed while knitting, so hopefully that will make a difference.
In other news, I've decided to knit something for the fair this year. I have a lace shawl pattern picked out, but I got lazy partway through, missed a YO and didn't notice until 6 rows later. And of course I didn't use a lifeline, so there is tinking in my future. But the fair isn't until August, and I have plenty of car time scheduled this summer, so I have lots of opportunity to fix and finish it.
Or maybe I'll just knit socks. Stay tuned...
1 comment:
This is darling! You look so cute in hats. I keep meaning to make a Koolhaus hat for my daughter but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Post a Comment