02 June 2010

Addicted.

Problem? What problem? I don't have a problem. I can stop any time I want.


Forgive the crappy photo of my beautiful Koolhaats. I have plans (and yarn!) for at least two more. Let's just hope that lots of my friends have cold heads this winter. These two are size large for my friends who have giant melon heads. I have a normal head, so when I make mine I will make the regular size.

In all seriousness, I think this pattern is WONDERFUL. I'm on #4, if you count the one that had to be torn out, so I have the pattern pretty well memorized. I'm also making plans to modify the pattern slightly to make tiny baby Koolhaats. The weird thing is, I'm not even the slightest bit tired of knitting this pattern. There is just something about the tiny cable crosses that is so aesthetically pleasing to me that I can hardly stand it. And the yarn is, of course, beautiful also. Dream in Color Classy, in Flamingo Pie on the left, and (I believe) In Vino Veritas on the right. When I am done there will be a veritable rainbow of Koolhaats.

(Of course, now that I have said "I'm not tired of knitting this pattern!" I will, of course, have zero motivation to knit this pattern EVER. AGAIN. That's what I get for opening my big mouth.)

As much as I love knitting these hats, it's been sort of slow going lately. Tomorrow marks the halfway point in this round of my physical therapy experience, and I have to say, I really don't think it's helping significantly. The MRI showed no damage to the rotator cuff or the ligaments in my shoulder, so that's good news, but the bad news is that I have an extremely advanced case of rotator cuff tendonitis. Especially when you consider that I am only 26 and have never done anything like play professional baseball or tennis, or painted houses for a living, or anything like that, ever. The orthopedic surgeon said I'm one of the worst cases he's ever seen in someone in my age group. (Wahoo! Number 1!) So after PT, the next step is cortisone shots. In the meantime, I have another one of the cool battery pack bandages that make me look like some kind of cyborg from the future. I did actually find out what it's called: iontophoresis. Fancy, huh? I prefer calling myself the Bionic Knitter.

5 comments:

Chery said...

I'm sorry being a Bionic Knitter causes you so much pain. Love your hats.

Julianna said...

You were never one to do anything halfway. Why would your injuries be any different?! See you tonight!

Bricklyrknitter said...

Stinks about your rotator cuff, but great hats! I feel like such a moron, I tried 5 times to make that hat, but I couldn't get it right. Make some for me and the ones I couldn't do ;)

Christine said...

You truly ARE a bionic knitter now. :) YAY for number 1! I'm loving your koolhaas addiction. They're fabulous.

the Lady said...

Oh nooo, don't do the cortisone shots. Do some research on those things first, cortisone can really fuck with your system.