I have the cold from hell, so I stayed home from work today. I have a finished object to share:
Toe-up socks with slip-stitch heel flap, finished on the train home from Chicago last week. I have washed and worn them, and they get top marks. I am calling them my Socks of Invisibility. Yarn is from Macek Designs on Etsy, and I have plans to cast on with either Resurrection Stone or Elder Wand for the next pair.
I finished the bind-off on the body of my Mr. Greenjeans, and I'm not 100% sure I like it. The pattern calls for a US 7 needle on the lower body, and while I got gauge, I don't really care for the hand of the fabric. Here's hoping it loosens up a bit when I wash it, because a sewn bind-off would be no fun to pick out.
2 comments:
Aah, the picking out of the sewn bind off. It's actually not so bad. I've had to do it a few times. Goes quicker than you might think. Just sit down with a movie you can not watch and you'll be done in no time - 20 mins, tops.
Nice socks!
Nice socks. Feel better soon.
Post a Comment