I have had requests for more pictures of Baby O, and as a doting auntie, I am happy to oblige...
I happen to think he is the most darling baby ever, with an exceptionally powerful set of lungs, beautiful blue eyes, and a family that loves him very, very much. In the photos, he is wearing his first-ever hat knitted by his favorite aunt, napping with Grandpa, showing his distaste for tickles, and being generally cuter than most newborns.
I finished his hat and mittens very quickly — I made up a pattern for the mittens and connected them with I-cord at his mama's request, and whipped out most of the hat on the plane on the way to Chicago.
The hat is a variation of the Tasseled Hat pattern (Rav link) because I never follow a pattern too closely. (I left off the tassels.) The yarn is superwash wool, of course, a must for all new babies.
I'm already making plans for his next sweater.

4 comments:
Totally precious!
Thank you. So totally sweet.
Adorable baby and lovely handknits, as always!
What a cutie! I'm happy for you Antie Jo!
Post a Comment