So I managed to get nearly 1,500 yards out of the stash in February! We won't talk about the yarn that came in, because using up old stuff is really the important part, right? Right.
I realized that I'm having my own personal Malabrigo March without really meaning to. I made a cowl out of Malabrigo Twist and it's very cozy and warm. It's the Bandana cowl from Purl Soho, and it was a wonderfully quick knit. Like, if I had started it before 10 p.m., it would have been a single-evening knit.
I started looking around for other projects, and I found not one, not two, but THREE current projects that are done in Malabrigo: a pair of socks in Arroyo (sport weight), a small shawl in lace, and a sweater, also in lace. All of these are at a stage where it would be reasonable to hope to finish by the end of March. I'm also knitting a pair of socks for my mom, and, you know, moving again, hopefully for the last time for a while. I packed up a dozen boxes (mostly books) and dragged the suitcases down from storage. I really, really want to be done moving. Saturday is the day. That gives me three days until we get the keys, and four days until the truck is here. Eep. Will I make it? Only time will tell. I'm going to personally move the stash myself on Friday, because it's MINE and non-knitters give me funny looks when they see it all in one place.
I'll check back in after Saturday -- wish me luck! I'm sure gonna need it!
1 comment:
Peter talks about moving again every once in a while. I tell him the last time I'll move is into a pine box. Good luck with it all. It's such a huge drag.
Post a Comment