I wasn't quite as prolific this month as I was last month, but there *were* three more days in January so I'm cutting myself a bit of slack.
First, I used up some old, old, OLD stash with a sock-weight shawl.
This is Pendulum, and I used four skeins of Koigu. What a great pattern! Once you get into the rhythm, the knitting is easy, but not so easy that is becomes boring. I used up absolutely every bit of yarn. It's a bit lopsided, as I flat ran out of the brown yarn, so the last short-row section is severely abbreviated. I wore it this week and it wraps nicely around my neck and ends up looking like a striped cowl. It's very cozy and I love it. I'd like to make another, with sufficient yarn to knit it as written.
The second project used slightly less old stash. Four skeins of Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool (my fave!) and the pattern is Mary Jane. so I'm glad to have it out of the stash and into my closet.
I'm happy with this one too. It took 21 days, start to finish, and I even swatched (and tinked). I simply could not get the hang of the texture stitch pattern. Sometimes I'd forget the knit row between pattern rows, sometimes the pattern would be off a stitch and not line up correctly. I put this in time-out quite a lot, so if I had been able to follow directions and not spend several hours unknitting and reknitting, it probably would have been finished sooner. Also, something I find frustrating: if you design a sweater with a 4-stitch repeat, it's really unfair to make the hem a 3-stitch repeat. I made the sleeves shorter than written, partly because I was afraid of running out of yarn and partly because I needed to finish it TODAY if I wanted to turn it in for the HP House Cup on Ravelry. It still needs to be washed and blocked, but I'm afraid that will need to wait until after the move, when I have space (and time) to lay it out properly. It can wait, because it's not quite warm enough for short sleeves yet (for me, anyway; Wichita would disagree) but I'm excited to have it for spring.
Moving day comes in two weeks (eep!) and all I can think about is Malabrigo March. I need to start making deals with myself -- for every box I pack, I get a certain amount of knitting time.
No comments:
Post a Comment