03 February 2013

Objects! Finished!

I'm taking part in the Harry Potter Knit/Crochet House Cup this winter, and so far it's proved to be very effective in motivating me to finish things. After the handwarmers, I buckled down and completed not one, not two, but THREE things!

First, I finished Wichita's latest pair of socks.


Nerd Girl Yarns, color Blue box exploding. Heels and cuffs in Cascade Heritage Sock. Pattern is the good ol' Gentleman's Fancy Sock from Knitting Vintage Socks, modified for exceptionally large feet. He was so thrilled with them I think they might have still been damp from blocking when he wore them to work.

Second, I finished a pair of leg warmers that had been on the needles since last September.


Malabrigo Finito, a luscious fingering-weight wool and a pattern from my brain. I wore them last week when we had single-digit temperatures and they worked wonderfully. They stayed pulled up over my knees all day.

The last project is a bit silly, but I've been seeing them around blogs and on Ravelry for some time now, and the headphone tangles at work have got seriously out of hand. I had some leftover wool from Wichita's socks, so now I have Doctor Who-themed headphones.


Note to anyone who may be considering making sweaters for your headphones: the cords are a lot longer than you think they are!

In other news, Wichita and I are moving (again) into a lovely two-story townhouse with a full unfinished basement. After a year of living in an apartment that doesn't have enough cabinets for food and dishes, I am giddy at the thought of all the storage space we'll have. There's also a second bedroom we can use as a guest room/walk-in yarn closet. I kid, I kid. But seriously, that's where I intend to keep the bulk of the stash. Wichita is so patient with the yarn collecting that it's the least I can do to try to contain it a bit.

1 comment:

Ana said...

Love your earbud cozies and yeah for finishing the Olympically large socks!