01 August 2012

Ravellenic Games!

Are you participating in the Ravellenic Games this year? I'm a team captain for the Selfish Knitters and Crocheters group. I've been busily knitting, but not always on my chosen projects for the events I entered.

Mainly, I've been working on Strago (Rav link) and I'm really enjoying the simple colorwork. We've had 18 days of 100° F or higher, and what am I doing? Knitting two-color socks in worsted weight wool. They're more like slipper socks instead of socks that you would actually put in a shoe. They are warm and I love them.


I started the second sock tonight -- please excuse the crappy cell phone picture of the first. I'm also entering a couple of WIPs and if there's time, a pair of mitts to match the Koolhaas I'm making for myself.

I've also intermittently been working on more socks for Wichita, socks for my mom, a pair of socks for me, and a cardigan that I had desperately hoped would be complete for family pictures, but alas, no such luck. Hopefully pictures of something finished soon.

No comments: