27 June 2012

Sheepish.

OK, OK -- so my "Wednesdays are for blogging" plan didn't work out so well. I get distracted. There have been a couple days in the past week that I haven't knitted at all, but I'm so full of ideas for projects I often find myself wishing I could quit my job and knit full-time. Sadly, I like eating and having a roof over my head, so that will have to wait.

In the meantime, I'm co-captaining a team for the Ravellenic Games (formerly known as the Ravelympics) and want to enter ALL THE EVENTS. I am paralyzed with indecision. I'd like to make a sweater, but a pile of wool in my lap in August sounds like a terrible idea -- today, June 27, KC hit triple digits, and we're in a heat advisory until Saturday. Socks are always a good option, but somehow don't seem challenging enough. I had the idea of maybe knitting Christmas stockings for myself and Wichita (yes, he's still around and finally living in KC!) but then thought that might be a bit too much like Overly Attached Girlfriend for my personal taste. Colourwork mittens might end up being my default project, just because I can't decide on anything else.

Has everyone seen the new Wool People collection from Brooklyn Tweed? There are at least three sweaters I'd like to knit and a few accessories. Any pattern collection that encourages me to get some stash yarn out gets a thumbs-up from me. My current favorite is Reine, which I think would look lovely in some Rowan Tweed 4-ply that I've had marinating in the stash for ages, and might actually make it onto the needles. How reasonable is it to think that I could knit at least 77 yards a day for 17 days?

No comments: