06 June 2012

Wednesdays are for blogging.

I feel dreadful that I have been so neglectful of this blog as of late. It's not because I'm not knitting, but more because I seem to be tearing everything out after I knit it.

So. New leaf. I hereby declare that I will make an effort to blog at least once a week, on Wednesdays. I have the cast-on itch, as is usual for me in the summertime, so I have lots of pretty things to share.


First up is my newest splurge, a set of hand-forged bronze DPNs. They came from the Celtic Swan Forge and they are absolutely lovely. They knit like a dream, with beautifully pointy tips and a bit of texture on the barrel so the needles don't slide out of the knitting. They are quite heavy as well, but the fabric is coming together nicely so I don't mind at all. If you like DPNs and want to treat yourself, but not *quite* up to the cost of a set of Signature needles, these are a lovely compromise.

That yarn on the needles there is Madtosh sock, my first time knitting it and it's simply beautiful yarn. The base is great, the colors are fantastic and I may have a couple more skeins lurking in the stash.

1 comment:

Teri said...

Those needles are lovely! Adding them to my mental wish list. Thanks for sharing!