21 September 2011

Wait.

Has everyone seen all the glorious pattern collections that have been released/discovered by me in the past two days? I mean seriously.

First, Coastal Knits, a collaboration of patterns from Hannah Fettig (my favorite) and Alana Dakos. Only 10 patterns, but I will knit at least four of them, in particular the Rocky Coast Cardigan and the Bayside Pullover. I'm not sure how long this has been available for pre-order, but you can bet your buttons I will be placing my pre-order at the end of the month. Which is next week. I am no good at delayed gratification, so waiting until next week is actually really impressive.

Next, the Brooklyn Tweed Fall 2011 Collection. I really enjoy Huxley, even if steeking is super-duper scary and makes me want to hide my face in my knitting. I like Tinder, but how many cardigans does one knitter need? Peabody is growing on me. And finally, I am on the hunt for a sweater for Wichita. I simply adore Ranger, but there's another option that I will get to in a minute. Mostly I am concerned that he would find a worsted-weight sweater "too warm" and he'd never wear it.

Finally, Knitty Deep Fall 2011 came out yesterday. I am swoony in love with Auguste , and not just because the sample is knitted in purple cashmere. I actually wish this sweater came in my size, but it doesn't, so I might make it for Wichita. Before you suggest it, please understand that my counting skills are such that reworking the gauge is not a viable option unless some kind soul does the math for me. I also really like Flugel (surprise! another Hannah Fettig design!) and normally, Tenney Park would not do much for me because I am not a huge fan of entrelac, but for some reason I feel like it works really well here.

Usually I would cast aside all current projects and immediately cast on ALL THE THINGS, but I am trying this thing called self-restraint, so here's the plan:
  1. Finish the TWO sweaters that I have extremely close to completion (Mayer and Old Penny).
  2. Knit the Huxley vest in October.
  3. Knit the Rocky Coast Cardigan for NaKniSweMo in November.
  4. PROFIT Use stash yarn for all the sweaters!
Half the fun is to plan the plan. Right? RIGHT?

1 comment:

Gale Bulkley said...

I have drool on my face for a good lot of your choices. I feel hard at that latest twist collective issue.