29 September 2011

Most of a sweater!

I have most of a sweater!

I have two sleeves...



... and fronts and a back.


I knitted the fronts and back together to avoid seaming the sides -- while I do have a deep and passionate love for mattress stitch, I am terrified I am going to run out of yarn in knitting the button bands and collar. I have one full skein and three partials with only a bit of yardage left in each ball. I have a backup plan to use some scrap sock yarn for the sleeve seaming, if it comes to that, and sock yarn will make the sleeves less bulky anyway.

I am loving the Peace Fleece. It's squooshy (yes, it's a word) and sheepy (also a word) and I want to knit every sweater from now on out of Peace Fleece.

OK, maybe not. But I. love. this. yarn.

The pieces have been washed with Kookaburra and are currently drying. When I pulled them out of the wash water, GROSS. The color of the water was truly revolting. Makes me glad I wash and block sweaters before wearing them. The pieces make my apartment smell like wet sheep and tea tree oil.

1 comment:

Gale Bulkley said...

My dearly departed cat Idgie used to love that wet sheep smell. He'd come running any time a knit hit the sink!

Love the colour of that.