12 September 2011

Progress.

So apparently the third fourth time is the charm with my pink Peace Fleece worsted, color Georgia Rose. This yarn has been Arwen, Old Penny and briefly attempted to be a top-down raglan cardigan that never made it much past the sleeves.

I started Mayer about a week before I left for California, and didn't take it with me, because skeins of worsted take up a lot more room than skeins of laceweight and I wanted to travel light, even if taking three skeins of laceweight was perhaps a bit overambitious.

As you can see, the body of the sweater is done. I modified it (of course) by removing the seam stitches and knitting the fronts and back together to avoid seaming. I used slightly less than 600 yards for the body, which means I have slightly more than 600 yards for the sleeves, collar and button bands. I am hopeful this will be the last sweater I knit with this yarn.

1 comment:

Dana said...

major stash karma points for reclaiming the yarn! Looks cute so far. :-)