25 August 2011

Knitter down!

Last night I was working on a sunhat for Miss Lydia (top-down, on US 6 DPNs) and when I went to sleep, I set the knitting on the floor next to the bed.

This morning, as I was stumbling around the bedroom looking for an appropriate pair of shoes to wear, I lost my balance, and, well. You can probably guess the rest.

Blood everywhere. But not on the knitting.

I cleaned it up, slapped on a band-aid and headed to work, where I work with a bunch of nurses. I showed them my injury and the consensus was that since it had made me bleed and since I couldn't remember the last tetanus shot I had, I needed a new tetanus shot.

So now I have a stiff arm and Bugs Bunny band-aids on my shoulder and my foot. But don't worry, I'm still knitting. Just not the sunhat.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Ouch!

Gale Bulkley said...

Oh no...

Chery said...

You need a bubble...

Maliase said...

Oh geez, you impaled yourself on a size SIX? That actually sounds like it would hurt way more than sock needles.

Christine said...

OOOWWWWWW! I guess we should all be happy you just stepped on them and didn't impale yourself even worse!