13 August 2011

Indecision.

As I cruise toward the hem of my latest sweater, I've been thinking of my upcoming vacation to California to meet my niece (who has still not made her big debut) and what knitting to take for the plane.

I'm still hoping to meet my goal of 11 sweaters in 2011, so while of course I will take socks, I also would like to take a sweater. My main problem is deciding which one.

Originally I had thought I would take Adrift, to be knitted in Malabrigo lace in a lovely shade of blue. Top-down raglans make wonderful airplane knitting, you know. Bamboo circulars don't make the other passengers nearly so nervous as a set of stainless steel DPNs in 2.5 mm.

Next I thought about Lettuce, for which I also have a stash of Malabrigo lace, since last year's attempt fizzled when I realized my row gauge was woefully off the mark. I was worried of running out of yarn for the sleeves. Let's just say that I have such sufficient quantities of the Mal lace that running out of yarn isn't a concern this year.

And finally, an oldie but goodie has reared its head: Glee. I probably would not knit this sweater with such a deep V-neck because I don't like the look of the hook-and-eye closures down the front. I'm considering using some ancient stash for this one — some Jamieson's Shetland DK that I got from a now-defunct yarn shop at least 3 years ago.

I will confess that I am already in possession of the second two patterns, which makes me lean toward them more than the first. So I'm putting this to a vote. What say you, dear readers?

2 comments:

Gale Bulkley said...

Lettuce.

Teresa said...

My first choice is Adrift but since you have the other two patterns already I would go with Glee. Just my two cents. Have a great trip!