23 November 2010

Out of touch

Sorry I've been sort of MIA lately. I have a good excuse this time! My laptop charger and battery died simultaneously, so I have been completely unable to charge my (5-year-old) laptop. The guy at the Apple store was really helpful, and instead of trying to sell me a battery and charger to the tune of $200+, he told me to save myself the money (because let's be honest, my computer IS more than 5 years old, I don't need to invest significant amounts of money into it at this point) and recommended that I find what I needed online. One visit to amazon.com later, and I ordered a battery and charger for the grand total of $55.72. I didn't even have to pay for two-day shipping, thanks to a free trial of Amazon Prime. So I should have at least my charger, if not both, by the time I leave town for the holiday tomorrow.

In the meantime, I have been getting a lot of knitting done, due to the difficulty of navigating Ravelry on my phone. This means that I have finished the seaming on my cardi for NaKniSweMo! I love mattress stitch with a passion that knows no bounds. My seams are beautiful. When it's done I will take pictures of the cardigan inside out, just so you all can see my beautiful seams. Now all I need to do is pick up 300 sts and knit several inches of 2x2 ribbing for the collar and button bands. Unless there are any volunteers?

I'm blogging from my phone, so you'll need to forgive me for the lack of photos. It was difficult enough writing this post with my thumbs.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

Gale Bulkley said...

I too love mattress stitch. But not that 300 stitch pick up. Have a great time this weekend.