14 September 2010

Quick update.

So I am totally in love my new Signature needles. People, these needles are magic. MAGIC. Stitch manipulation is incredibly easy, and it seems like they make me knit faster, even though I'm sure that's just in my head. I turned the heel of the Revival Stone socks last night while watching Hoarders. It went smoothly and easily, with very few split stitches, and the split stitches were incredibly easy to fix.

Gale asked how Wichita knew about the needles. Well, I'm sure he came upon me drooling over the website at some point, and then, because he is the least-stealthy gift-giver EVER, he began asking oddly specific questions about the type of DPNs I like to use for socks.So to be honest, I had a pretty good idea of what my present was going to be.

Teri asked how stabby they are. Answer: EXTREMELY. The 6-inch sock-size DPNs only come with stiletto points, and they are not kidding. I use Judy's magic cast on and I was pretty sure I was going to impale myself and bleed all over my yarn. Yeah. That pointy.

Needless to say, I love them, and would highly recommend them as a knitting luxury. Now I'm trying to figure out if I should get a set in a different size...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.9

4 comments:

Gale Bulkley said...

For Teri - My needles came with a warning not to use them in the car, they are THAT pointy.

Good for Wichita. I really like him.

Ana said...

Picture please. Must see the vampire-stopper needles ASAP. xoxo.

Tim said...

What? He didn't spring for the six set bundle at $325? I question his commitment to your art!

Christine said...

oooohhh I'm gonna have to try these if you love them even more than hiya's!