11 September 2010

Improvement.

Feeling mildly better. Dinner and a bit of caffeination helped. So I will show you some pictures of what I've been doing lately. Because NCIS is not really holding my attention at the moment.

Birthday yarn!

Birthday yarn from ImagiKnit in San Francisco. Top yarn: Koigu (what else?). Bottom yarn: Malabrigo Twist. So. Yummy. The Koigu is destined to become socks; the Malabrigo, a hat. Possibly Felicity (Rav link).

IMAG0122

The Lettuce pullover in Malabrigo sock. This was my airplane knitting. The yarn is super delicious. I may have several skeins in the stash. I'm using the color "Impressionist Sky" and I absolutely love it. It's a gentle semi-solid. I am a big fan.

Birthday needles

My very very favorite birthday present came from Wichita. A set of five US 1 6-inch Signature Needles with stiletto points. I am in love with these needles. I didn't try to take them in my carry-on baggage, but I cast on with them almost immediately when I got home. The barrel of the needle is slightly textured, so it's grippy, but not TOO grippy. The yarn slides beautifully along the needle. The points are slick and great for stitch manipulation. Best. Boyfriend. Ever. I think I'll keep him.

4 comments:

Gale Bulkley said...

How did he know about the needles?

Teri said...

OMG, Lettuce looks good. I'm sure you'll live in that once it's completed. Nice looking needles too. How stabby are they?

Christine said...

Good boy. :) He deserves that hat he got.

I'm loving your lettuce! fabulous. Glad you're feeling a little better.

the Lady said...

Ooh, Lettuce is CUTE!
Yeah, I tried out those Sig dpns at Sock Summit, and wow - they are GREAT. Like, really, really great. And I don't even use dpns except once in a while and they made me want some. Did you have super-fun at Imagiknit? I hope so.