22 February 2012

Happy Valentine's Day to me!

I got my Valentine's present yesterday, only a little bit late.


The Principles of Knitting, second edition, by June Hemmons Hiatt. People, this book is IT. This is essentially a knitting textbook. More than 700 pages about knitting. It weighs more than 7 lb. I LOVE IT. About 100,000 words have been added to the revised edition and the index is very thorough. It's a bit overwhelming, though -- I don't quite know where to begin!

I am thankful every day to have a boyfriend who is supportive of me and my hobbies, to the point of buying tools and resource materials and sometimes even yarn, even if he doesn't "get it" all the time. (He is also very good about putting up with all the yarn. And the possibility of potential injury from all the knitting lying around the apartment.)

No comments: