20 February 2012

Cast on ALL THE THINGS!

Lately I have had a terrible itch to cast on everything in my Ravelry queue.

As I'm sure you can imagine, that would be no small undertaking, as my queue is 11 pages long.

So over my long weekend I have cast on a sock which has since been torn out, finished the first Boyfriend sock but did not cast on for the second, a hat that has been temporarily abandoned while I fret over the possibility of running out of yarn, and finally, a Different Lines shawl in very, very, VERY old stash yarn. (Acquired in 2007, and when you consider I have been knitting just more than 8 years and this yarn has accompanied me to 4 different apartments, it's time to get it out of the stash.)


The yarn is Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock, in rose quartz and Lenore. I'm quite enjoying the knitting, even though it's just garter stitch, thanks to copious amounts of short-rowing in every pattern repeat. It's just the right mixture of mindless and entertaining, perfect for watching TV. I had the day off from work today thanks to Presidents Washington and Lincoln, so have spent quite a bit of time knitting, which I think they would both find to be an industrious use of a day off from work.

3 comments:

Gale Bulkley said...

Much sympathy for the mood to cast on everything in your queue. It's so hard to resist, and I think we all feel it from time to time.

Christine said...

YAY for socks that rock and garter stitch!! Looks fabulous!

Ana said...

I totally can relate. I have a few projects languishing but am desperate to cast on the next thing, or all the things. Because, the next project is always the most exciting!