Long story short, I had surgery on my left hand on Friday to remove a mole that the doctor wanted to send to pathology for evaluation. I have seven stitches on my left ring finger, and a lovely splint that prevents me from both typing at my usual rate of speed and accuracy, and KNITTING. (Also, the doctor assured me that there is almost no chance of the biopsy coming back positive, so, yay! I do have a rather sizable scar but that should fade in time, so all is well.)

I don't have to wear the splint all the time and it's really only until the end of this week. But I am going crazy without my knitting. I divided my weekend between between being passed out on the couch on Lortab and going through my queue and stash on Ravelry, pairing patterns and yarns, and cutting patterns that I don't think I'll probably ever make. I reduced my queue from 14 pages to 11 pages.
I did go to the Wamego Winter Woolfest on Saturday. There was much yarn, even more fiber, and a whole bunch of people who were super excited to be there!

Event attendees seen here, learning to spin. I got some lovely yarn.

My first love, Koigu Painter's Palette Merino, in an exclusive colorway to Tightly Wound Yarn, an online yarn vendor based in Topeka. Also, how fun are those buttons? The NO button glows in the dark! Up for tomorrow, clearing out the stash and cleaning the pit that is my room.
1 comment:
LMAO on both of those buttons. So true, so true.
Post a Comment