
I'm making a vest for my sweet nephew to wear at Christmas, the Pembroke vest, from Cascade 220 Superwash that I bought so long ago I don't even remember where it came from. (Maybe the shop in Iowa that I always like to visit? Possibly.) It's a lovely shade of Christmas-y green, and so soft. Of course I misread the chart and did an extra cable cross in each portion of the pattern repeat, but I don't really think anyone will be able to tell, much, as long as I am consistent with my screw-ups. I also knitted the ribbing at the bottom slightly longer. I'm going to use a 3-needle bind-off at the shoulders, just to make the finishing easier, because I am coming down to the wire as far as time.
I did find a suitable replacement gift for my mother. Here's hoping she isn't too disappointed that she isn't getting knitting this year.
2 comments:
Design elements rock! And the vest is awesome!
Can't wait to see the munchkin modeling his COOL vest! 3 needle bindoff will not only be faster, but give a little extra stability. Good choice.
SOOOOOOOo cute!
Post a Comment